Frequently Asked Questions
What insurance does your agency accept?
- Most major insurances
Must I live in Wayne County to receive services?
- It is not required if you are cash paying or using private insurance. However, if you are a Medicaid recipient, you must be a resident of Wayne County
Will my information be available to the public?
- No, due to the privacy act, your information will be kept private. Click the link to learn more
Will I be reduired to take medications?
- Medications may or may not be offered. However, it is your choice if you wish to use medication as part of your symptom management. Click the link to learn more about the pros and cons of psychotropic medication therapy
Will having a SMI diagnosis prevent me from getting a job?
- Your information is 100% confidential, therefore, receiving treatment will not hinder you from being a productive member of society. In fact, being on a road to recovery will only enhance your potential, and may open the door for new opportunities, as you stabilize your symptoms
Will I be required to come to TWC forever?
- Our goal is to lead our members on a road to recovery. WE believe recovery is possible, as long as the member sticks with their treatment, and at some point can learn the necessary tools for coping with their mental illness, that will not require them to continue services with us on an ongoing basis.