“Each patient carries his own doctor inside him.”
— Norman Cousins
Team Wellness Center Hosts Spirit Week in Honor of May as Mental Health Awareness Month
Detroit, MI (May 23, 2022) – May is Mental Health Awareness Month and Team Wellness Center (Team) is hosting Spirit Week, a week dedicated to celebrating people living with mental illness and recognizing staff who provide mental health services.
Spirit Week will take place May 23–27, at all 5 Team Wellness Center service sites:
- Team East – 6309 Mack Ave. Detroit MI 48207
- Team Eastern Market – 2925 Russell St. Detroit MI 48207
- Team Jefferson – 11105 E Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI 48214
- Team Southgate – 14799 Dix-Toledo Rd. Southgate, MI 48195
- Team West – 34290 Ford Rd, Westland, MI 48185
Team is joining agencies around the world in calling attention to the importance of addressing mental health issues and early intervention during the month of May. The national theme for this year’s Mental Health Awareness Month is “Together for Mental Health” and Team’s staff will honor this togetherness during spirit week.
Each day of Spirit Week has its own theme and staff will dress according to the theme:
- Monday, May 23: Neon Day
- Tuesday, May 24: Team Color Day (Team Wellness Center Teal & Black)
- Wednesday, May 25: Jersey Day
- Thursday, May 26: Sneaker and Denim Day
- Friday, May 27: Black Out Friday
Throughout Spirit Week, Team will be using social media to post pictures and share messages of encouragement while promoting mental health services and reminding people of the importance of getting help.
Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel will be visiting the Team Southgate location on Tuesday, May 24th at 10:30 a.m. to tour the clinic and talk with staff and members.
To learn more about Team Wellness Center’s programs or to access mental health services go to www.teamwellnesscenter.com or call 888-813-TEAM(8326).