“Each patient carries his own doctor inside him.”
— Norman Cousins
Team Wellness Center is one of the largest integrated healthcare providers in Wayne County, Michigan, with outpatient clinics in Detroit and Southgate. Accredited as a Behavioral Health Home and Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic, we are industry leaders in the initiative to combine physical health, mental health, substance abuse and social determinants of health. We serve more than 15,000 members a year; we are fast-paced and innovative in our approach to care. Our members enjoy the effectiveness of wraparound services by having their complete medical needs addressed by an inter-disciplinary team of doctors, nurses, psychiatrists, therapists, peer specialists, and care coordinator social workers. Clean and newly remodeled facilities always make the staff and members feel welcomed. In business since 2002, our staff aspire to being the best! State of the Art electronic documentation; mobile computing devices; and our company’s app; makes the job that much more efficient. Do you have what it takes to go the extra mile for the vulnerable ones in our community?
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a passionate and organized individual to be responsible for psychiatric evaluations of consumers including administration and the interpretation of psychometric instruments while providing direct services to agency consumers. The Nurse Practitioner is also responsible for the developments of treatment goals, comprehensive assessments, individual therapy, parent and family training, behavior modification plans and crisis intervention. To be effective at counseling patients, Nurse Practitioners need strong communication skills. They should be knowledgeable about psychology and sociology, which help them identify behavioral patterns. Nurse Practitioners may need to interview individuals closely related to a patient, such as parents, children, or spouses.
- Must possess a Nurse Practitioner license.
- Must possess DEA
- Must have experience in Behavioral Mental Health field
- Employee must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record that is acceptable to the company’s insurance providers.
- Employees must provide their own reliable transportation to and from the office workplace/work related locations and to transport consumers, as needed, (without delay) in a HIPAA compliant environment, with/without advanced notice.
- Ability to carry 24 hour crisis phone, and respond to crisis call
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and diagnose patients, provide psychotherapy and prescribe medication.
- Treat patients with diagnosed disorders, as well as those with family histories or other factors that increase the likelihood of potential mental illness.
- Track their patient’s progress before and during care to provide holistic, high-quality care.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides integrated health care services through collaboration and communication with all professionals about the needs of our members in relation to their comprehensive treatment plan (IPOS) addressing biological, psychological and social needs.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participates in quality and outcome-based improvement activities.
What We Offer:
- Sign-on bonuses!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- 8 paid holidays
- Floating paid days off
- Bonus opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Longevity bonuses
- Federal Student Loan Repayment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $62,535.00 to $130,030.00 / year
Contact: Interested candidates can apply now at https://teamwellness.aidaform.com/application