“Each patient carries his own doctor inside him.”
— Norman Cousins
Team Cares Coat DriveTeam Wellness Center in conjunction with Team Cares Inc. has kicked off our fourth annual coat drive. From November 1st through December 21st, 2021 we will collect coats at our clinics and various other locations.
Throughout the winter, coats will be distributed at no cost to adults and children with mental illness and behavioral health conditions. Many of whom are homeless and lack the resources to purchase coats to keep them warm during the winter.
Please consider partnering with us. We will deliver collection boxes to partners who are willing to accept donations at their site or community event. To have a donation box placed at your location or event call Karlton Akins at 313-287-6705.
Due to current circumstances your office may be closed or you may not want to be a drop off location. However, you can still donate coats by bringing them to one of the locations below.
- Team Dearborn – 921 Howard St. Dearborn, MI 48124 (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Team East – 6309 Mack Ave. Detroit, MI 48207 (Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Team Eastern Market – 2925 Russell St. Detroit, MI 48207 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Team Jefferson – 11105 E Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI 48214 (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Team Southgate – 14799 Dix-Toledo Rd. Southgate, MI 48195 (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Team West – 34290 Ford Rd, Westland, MI 48185 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Coming Soon!
Team Cares Coat Drive Partners
People’s Missionary Baptist Church